Tuesday, October 22, 2013

AH! The Zombeth is Loose!

I have an interesting new nickname: Zombeth.  I think my tenancy to monologue about anything forever may have something to do with it.  My co-worker has had to listen to me discuss my abhorrence of zombies more than once.  Then the other day, I got some immunizations and one text led to another and I told him that the flu shot killed me and the DTAP made me undead; and now I'm Zombeth.  Which I think is actually pretty clever.

Last Friday, my job kept me in a chair, waiting on something, with nothing to do.  So I watched a lot of Hulu.  And then at Subway, I wrote down all my impressions and the like.  And then it sat in my notebook all weekend. Now it's Tuesday and I am in a chair, waiting on a phone call, with nothing to do.  Oh, joy.  So I finally pulled out my notebook to get my thoughts online...


Grey's Anatomy I started here last Friday because I am a sad, pitiful and, above all, addicted person.  They really played up the fight between Meredith and Christina, but it was hardly worth mentioning.  I think my favorite thread was the face-off between Jackson's mom and girlfriend, followed closely by the story of Alex and his dad.  I've also decided that I really do like Callie; it was just Arizona I disliked.  This "big, huge, friendship-rocking" fight was just a minor part of Meredith's battle with herself to balance work and motherhood.  Alright, enough of this...

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland I like Alice and her single-mindedness a bit better now.  I must admit Alice was the weak link in the premiere but the back story of her and Cyrus was well executed aside from the conveniently-placed rabbit.  The knave may love Alice, but I'm going to take a leap of Once-Upon-a-Time-logic and theorize that his first love is the current Queen of Hearts, and she may still love him.  Well, hey, she wants to break the laws of magic... the "can't force love" one, maybe?

There are a few other things I have added to my Hulu queue, bad sitcoms mostly, for when I'm bored.  Today, a premiere struck me as having some potential:

Tomorrow People The set-up makes me think of Jumper crossed with a teenage X-Men type thing.  Despite that, this may be turn out okay.  The fact that he signs up to work with the "enemy" in the first episode seems to infer something a bit more interesting than a standard run-until-the-season-finale.  The second episode wasn't quite as interesting but I still think it may be okay.

And I haven't really watched anything else since then.  Not Sunday's episode of Once Upon a Time, not yesterday's episode of Castle.  Instead, I've been watching Smallville Season 8 and Psych Season 1. 

No comments:

Post a Comment