Friday, October 25, 2013

I'm Wearing Purple (Which Is Totally Unrelated...)

Wednesday, I woke up super-early, drove all the way across the island in rush hour traffic and raced through work. Why? So I could go to the doctor's office. Okay, it wasn't for me. Lindsey had an appointment for herself and with Jaiden still sick, she wanted him to have a follow-up and since her doctor and his are in the same office... So I helped out. I took Jaiden so Linney could concentrate on herself but she was still able to talk to the pediatrician after her appointment was over. Afterwards, we went to California Pizza Kitchen and split a pepperoni and then down to DQ for Blizzards. I was reminded that Jaiden is not the main reason I love her; we talked about nothing for forever and I loved it! This is what girlfriends are for.

It's 11:30 on a Friday night and all I can think is that I wish I was already asleep. But I really, really wanted to watch the new episode of Grey's Anatomy before turning in, so guess what I did. I remember, once upon a time, not that long ago (before I got a Hulu account), I never watched TV. Ever. What happened to me? Oh, yeah, Hulu.


New Girl My favorite part of this episode was the end. Schmidt's production of moving across the hall was pretty well done. Otherwise, it was average, at best.

Castle This was a FUN episode! I wouldn't want them to do this all the time (hey, I have my sci-fi and supernatural shows/movies for this kind of thing) but it was a very fun change of pace. I found myself really hoping the time-travel was real (it was pretty well done). Everything was tied up in a neat little bow at the end, but the "time traveler" was convincing enough that I decided that I was going to believe it really was time travel and not a couple of whack-a-doodles. And then Beckett spilled that coffee...! My sci-fi fan-girl squealed. Loudly. Best episode of this show in a while (but please don't move into this, writers; it wouldn't have been as good of it wasn't one-of-a-kind).

The Big Bang Theory OMG! I loved Howard's song! I should point out that my family was kind of disappointed Raj's uke didn't make the final cut, though. Sheldon was pretty funny, too, but there was a major flaw. May of science's greatest discoveries are accidents; someone (probably Lenard) should have pointed this out. That bothered me while watching this and took away a little bit of my enjoyment. The last scene was pretty good; although it was obvious that it was Amy's dream/fantasy as soon as Sheldon started to talk about kissing, the way she mimicked Sheldon's "Can't talk; in the zone" was good.

Grey's Anatomy This was also a pretty fun episode (it was a good TV week). I liked the way the motif of glue and pieces was spread through the episode; I thought it worked fairly well from a writing standpoint. In other news: Arizona is still a slut and I feel sorry for the resident who's being set up as her next girlfriend; Callie took a nosedive for a while but is back in my good book by the end of the episode; Alex's dad is a douche but he shouldn't let that ruin his best chance at happiness in seasons; Meredith and Cristina need to get over themselves and support each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment